Some of us spend our whole life in comparing ourselves with others like what we don’t have in relation to others. It could be grades, car, house, job or any relationship that makes you feel envy others.
Do you also think that you are falling in this trap? When someone has power over you to make you feel low or less of others.
Theodore Roosevelt beautifully said that comparison is the thief of joy so how many times you felt exactly the same after comparing your journey or accomplishments with others?
The frequency of which decides the quality of life and how we would allow others to belittle our struggles and accomplishments.
Some of the signs that indicate that we are already in the habit of comparing ourselves with others include:
- Finding difficulty in appreciating others accomplishments.
- Always have a feeling that I am not enough or I am not doing well in relation to others.
- Having a feeling of dissatisfaction or resentment even after achieving great things.
People often ask that how we can get rid of falling into this trap and the answer lies in discovering ourselves.
The first step is to identify the trigger that makes us envy others by asking the following questions :
- Does it happen when we see some post on social media?
- Does it happen when others receive praise?
- Does it happen when we talk to a certain people who make us believe in thinking that way?
The answer to these questions will help you to identify the triggers that you may avoid to fall into the trap.
However, we can adopt the following healthy habits to avoid comparison:
- Practice Gratitude and start everyday by counting blessings.
- Celebrate others accomplishments.
- Embrace the fact that we all are unique and have different journeys.
- Try to look beyond superficial things.
- Disconnect to connect means take conscious breaks from social media if it affects your sanity.
- Be mindful of having conversation with people like the kind of discussion you have.
- Accept yourself with flaws.
- Keep a record of your accomplishments.
- Try to focus on becoming a better version of yourself.
Hope you find these tips practical !
Have a great day !